Freelance Executive Support
& Company Governance Services
I'm Melody Sadé Abeni
(also known as The Engineer of Calm®)
“Would you mind taking a look at this letter?”
“Do you have time to review this deck?”
“Can I ask you to write an email for me, please?”
“Can you take the lead on managing this [random event/project]?”
* * *
After requests like these kept popping up time and time again in almost every role, project, and hobby, eventually I started paying attention… and so I created MelSa Productivity, with one simple mission:
To help human-centred businesses reach their people in the most effective and intelligent way.
And as a self-proclaimed word nerd and productivity geek, it’s my pleasure to help! I enjoy supporting ambitious leaders by freeing up their time and creating environments where their teams can thrive doing what they are best at doing.
My training and professional experience allow me to appreciate processes and systems that work well – so let me bring those elements into your business to help you work well so you can have a greater impact.
I provide interim office management and executive support, as well as startup operations projects for new and/or growing companies.
Office Operations Management
Interim Cover & Startup Projects
If you run a limited company, a limited liability partnership, or a UK-based subsidiary of an overseas consultancy, I can support your company governance activities and internal processes, as well as helping you keep an eye on your general team welfare.
As an experienced office operations manager, I know that having a pleasant and welcoming office environment and atmosphere is just as important as your business being able to run like a well-oiled machine! So, together we’ll develop logical, easy-to-follow systems and create a positive environment that’s conducive to great work.
A non-exhaustive list of some tasks I can support you with, both onsite and remotely, include:
- Facilities management, including short-term reception cover and visitor hospitality
- Contract management, bookkeeping, supplier payments, and invoice management (including ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) processes)
- Minute taking support and board meeting administration
- Preparing routine investor correspondence and maintaining investor packs
- Company formation administration for new UK subsidiaries of existing companies
- Electronic record-keeping and organisation of official documentation
- Facilitating document certification and/or translation, where needed (at cost)
- Drafting and/or submitting official documentation and correspondence to regulatory bodies, e.g., HMRC, Companies House
- Sales and marketing copy, including websites & landing pages, corporate announcements, company bios, and product descriptions
- Writing and/or copyediting marketing content, e.g., blogs, long-form articles, white papers, social media posts
- Editorial support for existing blogs
- Sourcing and onboarding new suppliers and service providers, including cost benchmarking
- Researching investment or funding opportunities
- Setting up shared workspaces – both virtually and physically (including office fit-outs)
- Internal team events and external events, including budget management
- Facilitating employee engagement initiatives
You’ll find me delightful to work with because:
I speak your language
Besides my credentials, I also come from a fast-paced commercial background and understand how you can position your business in the right way – without sounding or looking like an emotionless robot in the process.
I care about your results
When it comes to your team’s success, I leave no stone unturned.
I always ask the right questions and listen carefully as it’s all about meeting your clients and staff at their point of need.
No unnecessary hype. No gimmicks.
But don't just take my word for it:
(See more via LinkedIn.)