General Terms of Business
This page outlines the General Terms of Business applicable to MelSa Productivity Limited.
*This document should be read in conjunction with your personalised Service Agreement. Your Agreement is to be signed and returned before work begins.
Terms & Conditions:
- All rates are quoted exclusive of VAT.
- MelSa Productivity Limited reserves the right to decline any work with an onerous or unethical scope, or any additional work which may place a strain on business resources.
- For hourly rate projects, the time for tasks completed within the scope of your contract will be tracked electronically, with a copy of the summary report provided alongside your invoices. NB: travel time is chargeable and will be included within your itemised invoice.
- For new retainer clients and fixed-fee project clients, 50% of the cost of the first invoice is due before commencement of your services, with the remaining 50% charged either on the 28th day of the month (for retainer clients) or on completion of your project (for fixed-fee project work). Thereafter, the whole retainer fee is due on the 28th day of each month.
- For new hourly rate clients, the cost of the first 4 hours will be due prior to the commencement of your services. The following hourly rate invoices will then be issued in arrears on a monthly basis.
- Payment for all invoices is due within 7 days of receipt.
- Any necessary business expenses incurred during the course of the work, e.g. international call charges, travel outside of London travel zones 1-2 (for ad hoc hourly rate clients) or private hire travel, professional printing, stationery, postage, and any other relevant expenses will be itemised and charged in addition to your agreed service fee.
- Unless otherwise agreed (or in the event of an emergency), any calls, texts and emails sent for new tasks outside of MelSa Productivity’s core business hours of 9:30am-6pm GMT/BST Monday to Thursday will receive a response once core business hours resume. Any work specifically required outside of these times may be subject to an uplift fee.
- Any changes to your original scope of work, e.g. increased completion time or complexity, etc. will require further consultation as soon as is practicably possible as it may be necessary to amend your fee in order to reflect any changes.
- During the course of business, you may change between service packages by providing a minimum of 30 days’ written notice. The change will then take effect from the next invoice.
- Either party may terminate the Service Agreement by providing 30 days’ written notice to the other party. The Agreement may also be terminated at any time by mutual agreement.
- MelSa Productivity Limited reserves the right to review these Terms of Business from time to time. Any changes in these terms will be communicated to clients in writing at least 28 days in advance of the proposed change.
- All fees will be reviewed biannually on 1st January and 1st July of each year.